Friday 25 April 2008

Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)

I have been learning for Microsoft Server 2003 exams 290 and 291 since before Christmas. I have been revising solid for the last month, all weekend and most nights until midnight! My eyes even went red! Anyway I passed both exams this month! I can now call myself a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA). The first exam I passed with 942/1000 the second I passed with 952/1000 the pass mark is 700. I'm having a break from learning now, I'm going to take a month off from learning, then I will start to think about the exams I need for Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). My wife has been very supportive, I haven't taken her shopping for weeks. I have to take her shopping on Saturday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! Gotta take her shopping to keep the marriage alive!!!

Dan Murphy said...

Dear Sirs,

If you'd be so kind as to offer a little direction, I'm currently looking to enhance my marketability. I'm looking to transition to the I T field & I've gotten various answers with regard to educational needs/certification. Is it likely to obtain employmant in the Milw. area with a Microsoft Certified Systems Adminstrator certification & if so what is a reasonable expectation for compensation.I'd appreciate any advise you could lend.

Sincerely,

Daniel Murphy

Michael the PC Surgeon said...

I've taken CompTIA A+ and Network+ courses, but I found Microsoft courses more relevant, CompTIA are supposed to be OS independent, but most of the focus is on MS, I also found there was allot of latency learning, which I would never use in real life. Microsoft learning is more directed to actual live operating systems and you learn practical lessons which you can use day-to-day. My recommendation would be the Microsoft learning route.
Good luck
Michael.