Wednesday 23 May 2007

Why you should complain

Hi,
I recently bought a PC from Dell. Unfortunately their delivery firm, business post, didn't deliver the PC on the agreed day (19-April), also the PC was a Vista Premium multimedia PC, but there were no speakers, so I complained (see below). Dell apologised for the delay and sent me some speakers, worth £47 FOC!
When you complain always put in the facts.
The moral of the story is always complain!
The second moral is don't buy from Dell (at least until they sort out their courier!)
Regards
Michael.

Below is some of the e-mails to and from Dell, feel free to use these as ideas for your own complaint letters or e-mails:

Message sent to Dell for non delivery 19-April:
Hi,
I haven't received my Dell Computer today, my wife has stayed in all day to receive it from 8AM this morning, there has been no delivery or phone call.I was called 2 days ago an promised delivery today, 19-Apr between 8AM and6PM, its now 6:45PM and still no delivery. I cant see anything wrong with my address, so don't know why you have it as an ADDRESS QUERY whatever that means!
Regards
Michael Pritchard.

Reply from Dell 23-April
From: DELL
Sent: 23 April 2007 10:22
To: Michael Pritchard
Subject: Re: Case #: 20070419xxxxx - Email Customer Care -Order Status(xxxxxx)
Dear Michael Pritchard,
Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.I tried calling you on 01685 xxxxxx but could not reach you hence left message.My apologizes for the delay in your order and I can understand how annoying the delay might have been and I regret for such inconvenience.I have checked on the progress of your Dell order [order number xxxxxx]and according to our records it was safely delivered on 21/4/2007.Perhaps you could confirm to me that this is the case.If you have not received the complete order please let me know and I will look into it.Please reply to my e-mail and I assure you a speedy response.
Regards,
Rubeena
UKI Customer Support Expert.

Reply to Dell:
Hi Rubeena,
Yes the PC was delivered on Saturday.The PC was supposed to be delivered on Thursday 19-Apr, my wife waited in all day, taking a day off work, but the driver for Business Post claimed he could not find the address :( Business post made no effort to contact me.Business Post tried to redeliver it on Friday 20-Apr, this time they could find my address but with-out any prior arrangement was unsuccessful as I was in work!I called Business Post Friday PM, they refused to deliver it on Saturday,claiming it would cost an extra £20, even thought they has put a different deliver on the round on Thursday, who claimed not to be able to find my address and their Friday driver didn't seam to have any problem! I called Walsh Western, via the Dell customer support number, after some discussion between Welsh Western and Business Post they agreed to deliver it Saturday.I received it @ 9:30 on Saturday 21-Apr.Not particularly a pleasant experience, my wife wasted a days holiday and I had to send several e-mails and make several phone calls to sort it out,customer service was poor to say the least. I would think twice before buying from Dell again or recommending Dell to friends.Fortunately I have had no problem with the PC, the 22" screen in particular is very nice :)
The only gripe I have with the PC is there arn’t any speakers! When I placed the order the speakers where optional extras, I therefore assumed there were speakers built into the monitor, and optional, larger, speakers where being offered at extra cost. I don't know why Dell would sell a Vista Premium PC, with media centre capabilities without any speakers!I await your reply.
Your Faithfully,
Michael Pritchard.

Reply from Dell:
From: ***Dell*** Sent: 26 April 2007 09:48
To: Michael Pritchard
Subject: RE: Case #: 20070419xxxxxx - Email Customer Care -Order Status(xxxxx)
Dear Michael Pritchard,
Many thanks for your e-mail.I sincerely apologize on behalf of carriers for the unpleasant experience you had so far. I can imagine how frustrating the entire issue might have been and it is unfortunate that a valued customer like you has to experience this.Customer satisfaction is our primary concern and we value your time. Dell strives to provide efficient and effective resolutions to our customers. Asa result of the difficulties you have experienced I would like to offer you speakers as a good will gesture. I have also logged a complaint on your behalf against the carriers and will ensure that this type of unintentional error doesn't happen again.Please reply to my e-mail if the offer for speakers sounds satisfactory so that I can arrange the same at the earliest.You are a valued customer of ours for a long time and we appreciate your affording us the opportunity to serve you. You may rest assured that this problem will not surface again.
Regards,
Rubeena
UK/I Customer Support Expert.

The speakers were sent and are very nice, but they were also not delivered on the agreed date!

2 comments:

Claire Lovely Jones said...

too many words!!!!!!!wheres the pictures???

DebZzzz said...

oh my michael you poor thing .... glad you got it sorted:) but a little briefer would be better and i love to see millions of pix.